How are you handling stress in your daily life?
The past few months have been very dramatic and shocking in ways I never would have seen coming. Maybe you're feeling the same? It got me thinking about how well we manage stress, day over day, year over year.
You know those sparkling eyed 80 year olds that still seem so young at heart? That's how I want to end up :) ...but stress can really age you, it can wear you down quickly or slowly. It's a tricky one to wrangle.
So, I made a giant list of ways to keep my stress down or balance it out with some healing, so that over the decades of my life I will remain feel young at heart :)
1. sleep well (6-8hrs a night or on average the experts say!)
2. close your eyes & take 3 deep breaths (in...out...in...out..in...out)
4. read a book
5. meditate (a super easy one is to just sit somewhere with your eyes closed and become aware of your breathing)
6. smell the roses
7. People watch
8. spend time with people you love and who love you back
9. communicate effectively & listen just as well
10. play with your kids
11. celebrate successes & milestones!
12. take a hike
13. watch a sunrise
14. watch a sunset
15. eat healthy (most of the time)
16. exercise regularly - like till you sweat! Especially if you don't have time :)
17. Powerlift (says my boyfriend)
18. share a meal with friends
19. get sun on your face!
23. write it out
24. watch a campfire burn
25. list to the ocean
26. walk barefoot on the ground (..sand, grass, dirt)
28. listen to music (Wagon Wheel from Old Crow Medicine Show is a fav of mine lately)
29. Yoga. Seriously.
30. get together with good friends
31. walk along the beach
33. Change of Scene
34. positive affirmations to counteract your negative self-talk (see my old blog post for more on this)
35. reach out for help when overwhelmed, don't do it all alone
36. bubble bath
37. buy a killer outfit :)
38. Love (your kids, pet, your sig. other, friends)
39. be needed (by family, kids, community)
42. comfort food
44. open the windows and let the breeze in!
45. let it go :)
47. chocolate treats
48. quiet time alone
49. old friends
50. cook a meal for a loved one
51. walk/bike/roller blade more, drive less
52. sex with someone you love
53. watch a sleeping baby/child
54. work for a good boss, with good co-workers
55. When faced with something that stresses you out, ask yourself "on my death bed would I even care about this at all?" Perspective helps reduce stress :)
56. have a good cry, stomp around, yell to the sky, kick box - feel your feelings, make sure they move through you instead of getting stuck
57. believe most people are good people
58. believe the universe has your back
59. Spa Day!!
60. Wet Sauna
61. try something a little scary - out of your comfort zone is where you grow!
62. paint the town red!
63. help someone
64. feel the fear and do it anyways
65. learn that mistakes aren't the end of the world - it all helps you evolve!
66. watch the clouds float by
67. eat ice cream on a hot summer's day
68. wind on your face
69. learn something new
70. stand your ground - know your boundaries
71. get a massage
72. give a massage
73. care for a pet
74. when someone helps you out, let them know what a positive impact they've had on you
75. say thank-you
77. hold hands
78. watch the snow fall while staying warm inside
79. a warm cup of coffee
81. donate - used items, food, whatever you can
83. do less 'shoulds'
85. a warm cup of tea
86. watch or read something inspiring
87. tell jokes
88. watch cat videos on YouTube :)
89. make music
90. hot shower
91. learn something new
92. take a break when you need to
93. fresh fruit and chocolate
94. eat outside when the weather warrants it! :)
95. have friendships with people of all ages (again perspective helps!)
96. put your feet up
97. watch a movie
98. read poetry
99. sit on the deck
Keep Up to Date with the blog and all the goings on here!
Together we can positively change the way families are affected by Separation & Divorce! :)